Sunday, May 1, 2011

Operation Muncie

Mission: Get in shape to perform "well" at Muncie 70.3 on 7/9/2011




Today, May 1, 2011 I began in what I will be referring to as "Operation Muncie". I am not quite sure what the "operation" entails other than from here forward I will be doing as much as I am capable of and as much as my (achillies/heel) allows me to to try to get ready for Muncie 70.3 which takes place on Saturday, July 9th, 2011.

Time is short, the amount of work required is significant. The biggest factor is being smart with training and not "over-doing" it to the point where my stress fracture well fractures once again.

One year ago, I watched Shelby and Erin compete at Muncie, which brought back good memories of my previous outings at the venue. On that day last year I declared that I would be back in 2011 and would set a PR for the distance.


- - -

Given the set of circumstances and lentgth of injury (7+ months) I know that I will at least make good on the first part of the declaration.

Over and out,

1 comment:

  1. You will do great. I kind of hope to win 1k though so could you slow it down a little on that day?

    ReplyDelete